Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 56: 500 Questions

Today was all about review for our finals next week. We completed a 500 question review test in preparation for the final test on theory. Chef also spoke to us about the requirements for the test in the kitchen. We'll be making a full meal that includes an appetizer, main and dessert. We will get one day for our mise en place and the next day will be spent on finishing each dish and presenting it at a designated time.

The two day prep is really important ~ I will need to write out what needs to be done this weekend. I'll also be studying for our written test that takes place on our last day of school.

During our review test, Chef pulled each of us aside and talked about how we did in the kitchen this week and what we needed to improve on for our final in the kitchen. I've got a few things going on in my head to up my presentation for each dish. I know that I need to add something to my risotto dish to make it stand out more ~ give it that wow factor. I may do a test run this weekend to see how it will work out. I'd love to ace it in the kitchen.


There was no kitchen time today... so when I got home, I made a nice sandwich on Ace ciabatta bread stuffed with buffalo mozzarella, basil, tomato fresh ground pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. I picked up the buffalo mozzarella at Sam's Cheeses at the Hamilton Market. Great texture and taste. Ace Bakery has the best bread! I usually get their baguette, but decided to try the ciabatta ~ an excellent choice for making a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment