Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 44: Veggie Test and Black Box Day

I can tell you that the tests aren't as easy as we think they are. You do need to review and read your course text book. If you're wondering... I did study and did do well on my test. With our tests done and marked, we move back into the kitchen.

There was an assortment of goodies that we could choose from in the "black box". I chose some wonton wrapers with which I made fried wontons filled with a cream cheese mixture. To the cream cheese mixture I added an egg to help with the binding and additional spices and a minced thai chili pepper for some heat. I also made a dipping sauce using honey and red wine vinegar as a base.

There was some pork tenderloin in the black box and with this I made pork cutletts. The cutletts were seasoned before I breaded them with a dusting of flour, then egg, and last panko crumbs. I fried these in about an inch of oil in a saute pan and hit them with a sprinkle of salt when there were done.

No comments:

Post a Comment