Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 43: Chicken, Chicken...

We are using the remaining chicken today. The first dish is a chicken cutlet with risotto and carrots. A chicken leg needs to be deboned and flatten with a mallet. We've set up a breading station of flour, egg, and panko crumbs. Before breading the chicken, I season with salt and pepper. The chicken is pan fried to a nice brown colour and crispy texture.

I'm also making a sweet pea risotto, carrots and a mushroom sauce to be served with the chicken cutlet.

Our next dish is a poached chicken roulade. To make chicken roulade, I pound half a boneless breast of chicken to flatten it and season with salt and pepper. The farce is placed at one end and I roll the chicken in to a log. Cling wrap is used to wrap the log and the ends are twisted. I wrap the stuffed chicken again with tin foil and twist the ends. In a pot of boiling water I simmer the chicken until it's done to a temperature of 157 F. The chicken when removed will finish cooking to a temperature of 160 F.

The dish will be served with tourne cucumbers and a sour cream sauce. Plating will be done in a french classical style... and for my friend (you know who you are) I will be adding chives as a garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment